Monday, May 4, 2009

American Express Still Going Nuts Cutting Off Customers

http://www.businessinsider.com/american-express-still-going-nuts-cutting-customers-off-2009-5#comment-49fee80a4b54379700db479d

This is a key reason AMEX must be in Deep trouble. I have three cards and use them for business travel. Have never missed or been late on payments. Each month I charge about 50% of the total credit limit. In six months they have cut the credit limits on all my cards by 75%. I called after they cut me again this weekend and the phone person person says there is note on my account they don't like my debt level on my house so they are lowering my credit line! I said what does that have to do with my Amex or with the fact I have been a solid customer for 15 years? Just our new policy. So I decided to cancel all my cards. I have a Citi card as well and plan to shift all business to it. I also have around 20 co-workers who have Amex cards and they have been though the same thing. I can only concluded Amex is suffering serious loses and is pulling all stops to try and stop it. So if you business plan is to get rid of all customers how will you make money?

No comments: